Geo-Hyd is a consultancy firm providing services in computing & Information System applied to Integrated Water Resource Management. It has about thirty collaborators, including scientists in agronomy, geology, computer science and GIS. In January 2013, Geo-Hyd became a full subsidiary of Antea Group. Currently Geo-Hyd is part of Innovation and Development Division of Antea Group (DID).
Geo-Hyd provides services and expertise in 4 domains:
- Aquatic environments expertise: water body quality assessment (physical and chemical quality of water, physical condition of the watercourse, status of biological communities);
- Data management: Data integration management, analysis and valorization of environmental data (special skill in High Performance Computing - HPC);
- Information Technology and Geomatics: needs analysis, Information System design and software conception, GIS & Relational Database Management System (RDBMS), remote sensing;
- Integrated water resources management (IWRM): public policy, master plan, river, basin and hydrological modeling.
Geo-Hyd invests significant R & D efforts on developing GIS systems and operational monitored tools for assessing fate of pollution in soil and water bodies. It has a strong R&D strategy based on several collaborations with academic partners (Agence National de la Recherche, French Ministry of Industry, European Union) such as the COQUEIRAL, SAMCO, FlocOn Bio and FRAME projects.
Main tasks in the project:
- WP 2: Implement a Centralized Knowledge Platform (CKP) in order to ensure the interoperability and the knowledge capitalization of WP2, design and implementation of an ICT System for WP2, data management and dissemination strategy via WP6 and WP7.
- WP2: Interface site data acquisition (imaGeau) and modelling/processing techniques (BRGM) into an off-the-shelf software dedicated to Agon-Coutainville demonstration site.
- WP 2/6: Develop SAT/MAR-specific system performance optimisation tool based on real-scale demonstration results.
- WP 6: Integrate WP2 ICT system and SAT/MAR efficiency assessment tool output into general Decision Support Platform of AquaNES (WP6).
- WP 7: Stakeholder/training workshop on ‘Surface treatment-SAT/MAR’ system efficiency assessment tool for different end-uses (irrigation, indirect potable reuse)